Unity provides a strong spiritual foundation for children’s lives.
Unity recognizes that there are many expressions of family life and we welcome them all. Unity creates an affirming environment that fosters positive self-image, personal responsibility and unconditional love and acceptance. Unity beholds all children as whole and perfect expressions of God. We empower them to fulfill their divine potential, and teach them to meditate and pray. The kids are invited to experience a loving God.
Debbie Coyle heads up our Youth Ministry by providing child participation in class discussions initiated by stories or experiential lessons where they may share what spiritual meaning lessons have for them. Programs include creative projects involving crafts and music that culminate in presentations to the adult congregation.
Children and Youth classes are held during the Sunday Service at 10 am in the Youth and Family Education rooms.
We have care and classes for the following groups: infants, toddlers to pre-school, kindergarten to grade 2, grade 3 to grade 5, grade 6 to grade 8 (Uniteens), and grade 9 to 12 (Y.O.U.).
Unity’s Five Basic Principles for Children
1. God is all good and active in everything, everywhere.
2. I am naturally good because God’s divinity is in me and in everyone.
3. I create my experiences by what I choose to think and what I feel and believe.
4. Through affirmative prayer and meditation, I connect with God and bring out the good in my life.
5. I do and give my best by living the truth I know. I make a difference.